The purposes of the Columbus Regional Chapter of The Gospel Coalition, as expressed in the founding documents of TGC, will be accomplished through treasuring the glorious Person and Work of the Triune God, and seeing God glorified by the advancement of the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Spirit in the greater Columbus area.
- We value revealed truth. To articulate, proclaim, and protect the gospel of Christ as revealed in God’s Word.
- We value theological integrity. To identify with the larger Body of Christ represented by those associated with Together for the Gospel and The Gospel Coalition and affirm the founding documents of these organizations.
- We value biblical unity. To build a coalition of like-minded pastors in order to facilitate Gospel-centered fellowship, and to demonstrate a Gospel-centered unity as a model to our people and a testimony to others.
- We value Gospel dissemination. To seek creative means for disseminating the Gospel in the greater Columbus area, including working with like-minded ministries to foster a voluntary citywide Gospel-centered church-planting movement.
- We value redemptive relationships. To provide opportunities for our respective congregations to build redemptive relationships with the larger Body of Christ, demonstrating that we are Christ’s disciples by the love we have for one another.
- We value loving discipleship. To disciple people toward love for God and people, which is God-centered, theologically accurate, and historically aware.
- We value cultural engagement. To engage our world for the sake of the gospel and the furtherance of the Kingdom of God in a manner that is consistent with a Christian worldview that seeks the welfare of the city (already) in which we live here as exiles (not yet).